Britney Spears Says Her Conservators Won’t Let Her Remove IUD and Have a Baby

Pop star Britney Spears has said that the conservatorship run by her father has required that she wear a contraceptive intrauterine device (IUD) that she wishes to remove so she can have a baby.

Spears made her comment in a Los Angeles courtroom on Wednesday during a hearing seeking to dissolve the conservatorship. The conservatorship has controlled her money and affairs since 2008.

“I want to be able to get married and have a baby,” Spears said. “I have an IUD inside of myself so that I don’t get pregnant, but [my team doesn’t] want me to have any more children.”

“They have me going to therapy three times a week and to a psychiatrist,” she added. “I truly believe this conservatorship is abusive. I don’t feel like I can live a full life.”

britney spears conservatorship iud birth control
Britney Spears testified on Wednesday arguing that her conservatorship should end. This photo shows the pop singer at the “Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood” Los Angeles Premiere on July 22, 2019, in Hollywood.
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic/Getty

This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

About admin

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment