Joe Biden Says DOJ Will Appeal ‘Deeply Disappointing’ DACA Court Ruling

The Biden administration will appeal a federal judge’s decision to block new applications to the program that stops the deportation of immigrants who arrived in the United States as children.

On Friday, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen backed the nine conservative states which included Texas, who had argued that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program had been illegally created under former President Barack Obama.

Hanen ruled the program violated the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) but with around 650,000 enrolled in it, said his ruling would be temporarily stayed for their cases and their renewal applications.

On Saturday, President Joe Biden condemned the ruling which throws into doubt the fate of people known as DREAMers.

He said in a statement on Saturday that the “federal court ruling is deeply disappointing.”

“While the court’s order does not now affect current DACA recipients, this decision nonetheless relegates hundreds of thousands of young immigrants to an uncertain future,” said the statement which was tweeted by The Washington Post.

He said the Department of Justice (DOJ) “intends to appeal this decision in order to preserve and fortify DACA.”

Breaking news
Newsweek

This is a developing story.


Joe Biden Says DOJ Will Appeal ‘Deeply Disappointing’ DACA Court Ruling
Source: Gwapo Pinoys PH

About admin

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment